Wednesday, March 14, 2007

the heartbeat

We had our second appointment at the hospital yesterday (I say "we" like I'm the patient, but hey, I'm doing what I can to be supportive here.). It was mostly Q&A about Melissa's medical history but the really interesting part was when we checked for the heartbeat.

So we're in one of the exam rooms and the nurse pulls out this gadget that looks like one of those fisher price kiddie karaoke machines (the old school boxy ones, not the new fangled animal shaped ones), puts gel on the microphone part, and presses it to Melissa's tummy. After a few seconds we hear a really really fast pulsing sound. Junior sounds like he/she is running a sprint on a hamster wheel! Apparently, that's normal!

So that was the adventure for this visit. Not much yet and Melissa isn't really showing . I'll try to keep you all posted. Really. I'll be better about writing now. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah...you better keep us updated!

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home